The Graphic Design Program
Villa Maria’s Graphic Design program can offer you:
Interested in learning more about the Villa experience?
The Career Potential
Graphic design is a $7 billion dollar-a-year industry and has an ever-increasing demand for highly trained design professionals.
In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of graphic designers is expected to grow 13% from 2010 through 2020 as the demand for designers continues to increase from both advertisers and computer design firms. Moreover, graphic designers with website design and animation experience will be in especially high demand for interactive media design projects.
As a graduate of this program, some of the entry-level positions you would qualify for include:
- Mechanical artist
- Graphic designer
- Package designer
- Dedicated and shared studio spaces with drawing tables, a project critique area, and state-of-the-art iMac Apple computers equipped with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, GoLive and Acrobat Professional.
- A classroom reference library.
- Flat bed scanners, Intous Graphics Pen Tablets, a roofing printer and a large format printer.
- You must earn a grade of C or above in all Graphic Design (GRA) courses for successful completion.
- Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) in Graphic Design Curriculum Requirements
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Graphic Design Curriculum Requirements
Questions about the program? Reach out to one of our professors.