Villa Maria College is the premier student-centered institution in Western New York. What does that mean?
Villa Maria College is a diverse and inclusive community where individuality thrives, everyone has the freedom to be themselves, and students are defined by their potential— not their financial status. At Villa, we teach the skills that are necessary to do well in the classroom, pass on the College’s long-held values and ideals of doing good in the world, and lend all the support we can to turn aspirations into realities, potential into promise.
As a small, private, Catholic college focused on student success, Villa Maria College has a lot to offer you, including:
- 6 departments: Digital Media Arts, Fine Arts & Design, Health Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Music, and Natural Sciences & Professional Studies.
- 19 degree programs, including 12 bachelor degrees and 8 associate degrees
- Internship requirements for all students, to help students gain critical real-world experience
- 24+ types of merit-based and endowed scholarships that make Villa affordable for anyone who dreams of attending college
- Over $2 Million recently invested in student success initiatives and campus improvements
- A 17% increase in the number of first-year students in good academic standing since 2013
- A 7.7% increase in student retention among first year students
- A diverse student body consisting of more than 500 students and is growing year over year
- 18 student-run clubs and organizations that make it easy to get involved on campus
- A 9:1 student-faculty ratio
- 94 faculty members: 54% male, 46% female
- Exclusive housing options at Collegiate Village, located just 1.5 miles from campus
- 8 intercollegiate athletic teams that compete in the USCAA. Go Villa Vikings!
- An updated athletic center that contains a regulation-sized basketball court, weight room, and brand new auxiliary gym