Develop a distinctive portfolio of images that showcase the creative, storytelling, and communication skills important to an increasingly visual culture.
See for yourself.
Photographers belong at Villa. Imagine a world without pictures—without a visual history. Luckily, photographers mean we’ll never have to. Capture the world through your unique lens and broaden your skills in Villa’s three darkrooms, photography studio, and mounting and framing workspace. Complete the associate’s two-year track then move into the BFA program, should you wish to continue.
The Career Potential
Throughout the country, our graduates compete for jobs that involve all aspects of photography, digital imaging and photographic art making. They usually enter the job market at entry-level positions and move up the career ladder as their skills and experience increase.
For instance, employment opportunities are available in:
- Commercial photography studios
- Portrait studios
- Professional and commercial processing labs
- Camera stores
- Digital imaging studios
- Government agencies
- Public relations firms
- Stock agencies
- As photographer assistants
Fine Art photographers with exceptional ability may receive recognition for their work and exhibit in galleries. Some move into supervisory positions and/or open their own studios.
- A dedicated photography computer lab equipped with 13 high-end Macintosh computers, a large format printer capable of printing up to 24 inches wide, and a printer capable of printing up to 14 inches wide.
- 3 darkrooms tailored to different image processes. The large black and white darkroom has 15 enlarger stations conducive to printing up to medium format. There is a large format darkroom and a darkroom for developing large format negatives as well as for alternative processes. The darkrooms have superior ventilation systems conducive to working with chemicals.
- A photography studio with a large open space used to create and set up a variety of subjects. It is fashioned with various backdrops and lighting equipment including strobe units to create professional photographs.
- A workspace provided for students to finish their work including mounting and framing.
2022 Photography Student Showcase
Villa students are always making new and exciting pieces that showcase their talents and apply their skills in practical environments.
Join the family.
There’s a lot of pressure to know what’s next. We’re here to say, it’s OK if you’re still figuring it out. In fact, it’s great. Villa is a place where that kind of continual discovery is prized. Because going to college isn’t about having it all figured out. It’s about inventing who you’re going to become. You’ll see.