Take your talents further with our intensive studio-based learning structure that exposes you to a breadth and depth of techniques with a four-year Bachelor of Fine Art or two-year Associate of Science.
See the benefits.
Villa Maria’s Fine Art program can offer you:
Pursue your career goals with either a four-year BFA or two-year AS. The BFA program delivers a modern fine art education that includes painting, mixed media, photography, and 3D design. Prepare for your future in fine art by adding upper-level electives from a number of Villa programs to complete your BFA.
Our Fine Art program is the only one of its kind in Erie County. Villa’s history and reputation for fine art education make both the BFA and AS degrees the ideal choice for students who wish to explore their talents and have a career in visual arts.
The freedom to explore. Students have the opportunity to explore courses in drawing, design, painting, printmaking, photography, and three-dimensional design.
Growing Your Skills
A focus on skills acquisition. Our program offers a wide range of studio courses designed to develop creative skills and dexterity with a variety of materials and methods.
See for yourself.
Artists belong at Villa. Fearless, experimental, and independent, artists are natural explorers. And as a Viking, you’ll find all sorts of freedom. Take studio courses in drawing, design, painting, printmaking, and photography as you develop your own unique style in a variety of materials and methods in the only two-year Fine Art program in Erie County or a four-year BFA.
The Career Potential
As a graduate of this associate degree program, some types of entry-level positions you would be qualified for include display worker, set designer, illustrator and photographer.
You can also seek higher education for a career in:
- Art education
- Art therapy
- Graphic design and related design fields
- 3 studios, each dedicated to drawing and painting and equipped with instructor computer stations and projection units.
- Printmaking facilities with a power washer, photo exposure units, screen printing press, etching press, acid bath station and spray booth.
- A painting studio with a platform for still life displays as well as figure drawings.
- The Paul William Beltz Family Art Gallery – You’ll have many opportunities throughout the year to share your best work, check out what your peers are doing, experience the work of faculty and local professional artists, and make valuable connections within the arts community.
- Brand new communal studio space and private studios for upperclassmen located in Felician Hall.
You must earn a grade of C or above in all Fine Art (ART) courses for successful completion.
Villa students are always making new and exciting pieces that showcase their talents and apply their skills in practical environments.
Join the family.
There’s a lot of pressure to know what’s next. We’re here to say, it’s OK if you’re still figuring it out. In fact, it’s great. Villa is a place where that kind of continual discovery is prized. Because going to college isn’t about having it all figured out. It’s about inventing who you’re going to become. You’ll see.