Take your talents further with our intensive studio-based learning structure that exposes you to a breadth and depth of techniques.
See for yourself.
Artists belong at Villa. Fearless, experimental, and independent, artists are natural explorers. And as a Viking, you’ll find all sorts of freedom. Take studio courses in drawing, design, painting, printmaking, and photography as you develop your own unique style in a variety of materials and methods in the only two-year Fine Arts program in Erie County.
The Career Potential
As a graduate of this associate degree program, some types of entry-level positions you would be qualified for include display worker, set designer, illustrator and photographer.
You can also seek higher education for a career in:
- Art education
- Art therapy
- Graphic design and related design fields
- 3 studios, each dedicated to drawing and painting and equipped with instructor computer stations and projection units.
- Printmaking facilities with a power washer, photo exposure units, screen printing press, etching press, acid bath station and spray booth.
- A painting studio with a platform for still life displays as well as figure drawings.
- The Paul William Beltz Family Art Gallery – You’ll have many opportunities throughout the year to share your best work, check out what your peers are doing, experience the work of faculty and local professional artists, and make valuable connections within the arts community.
- Brand new communal studio space and private studios for upperclassmen located in Felician Hall.
You must earn a grade of C or above in all Fine Arts (ART) courses for successful completion.
Associate in Science (A.S.) in Fine Arts Curriculum Requirements.
Villa students are always making new and exciting pieces that showcase their talents and apply their skills in practical environments.
Join the family.
There’s a lot of pressure to know what’s next. We’re here to say, it’s OK if you’re still figuring it out. In fact, it’s great. Villa is a place where that kind of continual discovery is prized. Because going to college isn’t about having it all figured out. It’s about inventing who you’re going to become. You’ll see.