The Achieve Program
The Achieve Program provides specialized services to students with learning differences. At Villa, we look at students’ needs individually, and develop a plan to help ease their transition into college. Through the Achieve Program, students can build their confidence as they develop the skills that are critical for achieving academic and social successes at the collegiate level and beyond.
Achieve Program Goals
- Provide support to students with learning differences that goes above and beyond what is required by law
- Assist students with learning differences in developing executive functioning, self-advocacy, and goal-setting skills
- Support students with learning differences make a successful transition from high school to college, and from college to their career
- Increase students’ self-confidence in their academic, personal, and professional live
- Increase retention and graduation rates of students with learning differences
- Build on students’ strengths to overcome challenges
Ready to Apply to The Achieve Program?
Most Importantly, Villa’s Achieve Students Feel Like Their Success is Possible
“My learning differences made it challenging for me to understand everything I was being taught. Achieve gave me the opportunity to continue to get the help I had been used to receiving in high school at the college level. Because of my drive to do well, and with the help of the tutors in the Achieve Program, I’m on my way to attaining my goals while maintaining a 3.2 GPA or higher grade until graduation. Through the school’s and Achieve’s help, I know I will soon have a successful Graphic Arts/Creative Writing career.
— Rebecca Kendall, Graphic Design, ’20
Achieving Success, One Student at a Time
- Fall 2015-2016: 76% retention rate
- Fall 2016-2017: 81% retention rate
Grade Point Averages
- Spring 2017: 88% of achieve students maintained a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Spring 2017: 38% of achieve students maintained a GPA of 3.0 or higher
Questions about the program? Contact us today.