Is Achieve Right For You?
The program delivers specialized services to students beyond Villa’s already robust support system, that help them transition smoothly into college and find their path to success. Students will gain confidence as they develop effective self-advocacy and goal-setting skills, which prepares them for academic and social success during college and their careers.
Academic support at Villa is free and available to all of our students. The Achieve Program goes beyond the basic requirements to provide additional services for a fee.
With exceptional one-on-one support from tutors and advisors, students will develop goal-setting and self-advocacy skills, while receiving benefits such as priority registration, expanded use of adaptive equipment, and specialized communication with parents. The fee for enrolling in the Achieve Program is $1500 per semester.
Basic services available to all students:
- Distraction-free environment for test taking
- Note-taking assistance
- Extended time for completing tests
- Alternative testing format
- Use of a scribe
- Taping of class lectures
- Class materials provided in print
- Use of adaptive equipment
Additional services delivered by the program:
- Weekly sessions with professional tutors
- Regular coaching and advisement meetings
- Extensive training on assistive technology
- Semester goals
- Executive functioning training and support
- Priority registration
- Individualized internship and career development support
- Social groups, social events, and social skills development
- Specialized communication to parents