Reliable transportation to and from campus — at no cost to you.
Get Where You Need to Go.
Villa Maria College has partnered with Lyft to provide students a new mobility resource for improved, reliable transportation to and from campus. Starting on the first day of classes, current students will receive $40 per month that will be accessible directly through your personal Lyft app.
- $40 Lyft ride credits per month
- Available 7 AM – 11:59 PM daily
- Rides must start or end on campus
- Valid on Standard Lyft rides only
You can sign up for Viking Ride by Lyft two ways: with your personal cell phone number or your Villa-issued email.
When you sign up using your personal cell phone, you’ll receive a Push notification or SMS from Lyft prompting you to open the Lyft app to get started.
When you sign up using your Villa email, you’ll receive an email from Lyft prompting you to open the Lyft app and claim your pass to get started.
Once you open the Lyft app: you’ll see your remaining Viking Lyft balance, as well as the program details.
To add the Lyft pass to an existing account, click on the menu and select “Payment.” Select “Add Lyft Pass” and enter code “VIKINGRIDE1.” Enter your @villa.edu email when prompted. An email will be sent with a link to claim the ride pass.
To qualify for the Viking Ride program, students’ rides must start or end within the area noted on the map below.
For the best experience, turn on Push notifications for the Lyft app.
Riders who have opted in will receive up to two notifications per month – one 7 days after claiming your pass without taking a ride, and another 14 days after claiming your pass without taking a ride.
- Verify your ride by making sure the license plate number, driver information, and car make and model match what you see in the app
- Share your location and route with a friend or loved one from within the Lyft app so they can follow your ride in real time
- Follow the Lyft vehicle on GPS via the app
- Ask the driver to say who they are picking up
- Learn more about how to ride smart with Lyft
- You can view all details of the program in the Payment – Lyft Pass section of your Lyft app
- If you request a ride that doesn’t meet the criteria, you will not see the discount shown on your ride confirmation screen and you will pay out of pocket
- Prices may be impacted by distance, traffic, time of day, special events and prime time surcharges
- Get a cost-of-ride estimate here: https://www.lyft.com/rider/fare-estimate
For questions about Viking Ride please contact Rick Pinkowski at [email protected] or stop by the business office.