Providing high-quality, rigorous, and rewarding educational experiences.
See for yourself.
Interested in learning more about the Villa experience? At Villa Maria College, we’re all about knowledge, inquiry, imagination – and setting the foundation for a lifetime of learning and creativity.
Honor’s Program Mission
The mission of the Honors Program is to provide high-quality, rigorous, and rewarding educational experiences for academically high-achieving students and to enhance the intellectual and co-curricular experience at the College.
Admission & Maintenance Requirements
- To participate in the Honors Program, all eligible students must sign a contract of commitment by Orientation of their freshman year. (This document serves as the contract).
- Students are eligible if they have a high school average of 90 and above and have earned a NYS Regents diploma or equivalent.
- Students must maintain a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) to remain in the Honors Program.
- If a student’s cumulative GPA drops below a 3.0, a student is placed on honors program probation for one semester.
- If the student’s cumulative GPA is not raised back to 3.0 at the end of the probationary semester, the student is dismissed from the honors program.
- Students must take 27-30 credits of honors-designated courses, at least 12 of which must be at the 300- or 400- levels.
- Students must take and pass honors program seminar for 0 credits each semester.
- Students must take a minimum of 12 and a maximum of 18 credits of honors-designated courses in their program major.
- Students must conduct self-assessments at the end of each academic year reflecting on their intellectual and personal growth, using evidence from their course work and activities to substantiate claims.
- The honors program coordinator will evaluate students.
- If a student fails an honors seminar, he or she is dismissed from the honors program.
- A student’s financial aid status may be adjusted if he or she voluntarily leaves or is dismissed from the Program.
Todd Baker, Professor of Natural Sciences & Mathematics
[email protected] • 716-961-1827
Elizabeth Battaglia, Professor of English/Honors Program Chair
[email protected] • 716-961-1860
Dr. Sylvia Grmela, Associate Professor of Music
[email protected] • 716-961-2861
Dr. Ryan Hartnett, Vice President for Academic Affairs
[email protected] • 716-961-1800
Lucy Waite, Director of Library Services and Instructional Resources
[email protected] • 716-961-1863
Adam Weekley, Associate Professor of Fine Arts
[email protected] • 716-961-1816
Request More Information
Develop your talents and take them further in one of our premiere academic programs, learning the transferable skills employers are looking for along the way. Fill out the form below and one of our admission counselors will be in touch soon!