How the Registrar Can Help:
Most people hear the word “registrar” and don’t really know what it is the office actually does. But the function of the Registrar’s Office is simply to store and access student academic records, like:
- Class registration
- Graduation information
- Transcript requests
- Enrollment verification
- Course withdrawals
- Name and/or address changes
- Transfer credit evaluations
- Course of study/major and minor declarations
- Program planner changes
Advisement and Registration for the Spring 2019 Semester, begins November 12, 2018. Please meet with your advisor to select courses for the Spring Semester.
- Monday, November 12, 2018 – Honor Students and Achieve Students
- Tuesday, November 13, 2018 – Honor Students and Achieve Students
- Wednesday, November 14, 2018 to Monday, December 31, 2018 – Entire Student Body
Registration will lock on Monday, December 31, 2018 at midnight. This allows you to make any necessary changes to your schedule after grades for the Fall Semester are posted.
Changes after December 31,2018 must be made in the Registrar’s Office.
When requesting a transcript, please include the following information:
- Student’s full name (maiden name, former name if applicable)
- Current address
- Dates of attendance/graduation
- Student’s signature
- Address to which the transcript is to be sent
- Request for an official or unofficial copy
- Fee: $5.00 for official transcripts and $3.00 for a student copy
Transcripts are generally sent within 2-3 days upon receipt of the request. Transcripts that are faxed are not considered official. All requests must include a signature; therefore we are unable to accept requests via e-mail or telephone call.
Please send requests to:
Villa Maria College
Attn: Registrar’s Office
240 Pine Ridge Road
Buffalo, New York 14225
You may also fax your transcript request to (716) 896-0705 to Attn: Registrar’s Office.
Please make checks payable to Villa Maria College. Mastercard, Visa and Discover are also accepted
Transcripts will not be released if a student has an unpaid financial obligation to Villa Maria College.
Questions? Contact the registrar.
Main Building on first floor
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) affords students certain rights to their education records. These are:
- The right to inspect and review your education records within 45 days from the day Villa Maria College receives a request for access. If you would like to review your records you must submit to the registrar, dean, head of academic department, or other appropriate official, a written request that identifies the record(s) you wish to inspect. The College official will make arrangements for access and notify you of the time and place where your records may be inspected. If the records are not maintained by the College official to whom the request was submitted, that official will advise you of the correct official to whom the request should be addressed.
- The right to request the amendment of your education records that you believe are inaccurate or missing. You may ask the College to amend a record that you believe is inaccurate or misleading. You must write the College official responsible for the record, clearly identify the part of the record that you want changed, and specify why it is inaccurate or misleading. If the College decides not to amend the record as you requested, you will be notified of the decision and advised of your right to a hearing regarding the request for amendment. Additional information regarding the hearing procedures will be provided to you when notified of the right to a hearing.
- The right to consent to disclosures of personally identifiable information contained in your education records, except to the extent that FERPA authorizes disclosure without consent. ”Directory Information” is limited to: Student’s name, student ID number, address, telephone listing, electronic mail address, date and place of birth, photographs, major field of study, participation in officially recognized activities and sports, weight and height of members of athletic teams, dates of attendance, grade level, enrollment status (e.g. full-time or part-time; undergraduate or graduate), degrees, honors and awards received, and the most recent previous education agency or institution attended. ”Directory Information” may be released without the student’s consent. Currently enrolled students may withhold disclosure of “Directory Information”. To withhold disclosure, written notification must be received annually in the Records Office prior to October 1. Forms requesting the withholding of “Directory Information” are available in the Records Office. Villa Maria College assumes that failure on the part of any student to specifically request the withholding of categories of “Directory Information” indicates individual approval. One exception that permits disclosure without consent is disclosure to school officials with legitimate educational interests. A school official is a person employed by the College in an administrative, supervisory, academic or research, or support staff position (including law enforcement unit personnel and health staff); a person or company with whom the College has contracted (such as an attorney, auditor, collection agent or clearinghouse); a person serving on the Board of Trustees; or a student serving on an official committee, such as a disciplinary or grievance committee, or assisting another school official in performing his or her tasks. A school official has a legitimate educational interest in the official needs to review an education record in order to fulfill his or her professional responsibility. Upon request, the College discloses records without consent to officials of another school in which a student seeks or intends to enroll.
- The right to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education concerning alleged failures by the College to comply with the requirements of FERPA. The name and address of the Office that administers FERPA is:
Family Policy Compliance Office
U.S. Department of Education
600 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC 20202-4605