Information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Villa Maria College is monitoring the evolving Covid-19 situation and has taken action to help keep the College community healthy. All campus buildings are is closed indefinitely beginning Sunday, March 22, 2020. Students will continue online classes for the remainder of the semester. All faculty and staff are working remotely.
Latest Campus Updates
Update as of March 24, 2020
- The Admissions and Financial Aid offices are closed to in-person visits, but are available to help via e-mail, phone, text, and video.
- All Student Services offices are operating remotely and available to help students.
- Tutoring and student support is available remotely through the Student Success Center and the Achieve Center for Students with Learning Differences.
- The Sr. Mary Josette Food Pantry is closed.
- To submit a helpdesk ticket for IT assistance visit: https://helpdesk.villa.edu
Prevent the Spread of Disease
The CDC continues to encourage common-sense strategies for preventing the spread of communicable diseases. We ask for your assistance to reinforce health prevention measures at home in the following ways:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get a flu vaccine.
A message from Dr. Matthew Giordano, President
If the college becomes aware that a student or employee is diagnosed with COVID-19, we will work with local health officials to determine our next steps. If you believe that you have symptoms of the coronavirus, students should contact [email protected] immediately, while staff should contact their supervisor and Dr. Carrie Florea, Director of Human Resources at [email protected] or 716.961.2864.
For student concerns please contact DJ Schier, Director of Student Affairs at [email protected] or 716.961.1878.
For employee concerns please contact Dr. Carrie Florea, Director of Human Resources at [email protected] or 716.961.2864.
For press and media concerns please contact Brian Emerson, VP for Enrollment and Operations at [email protected] or 716.961.1838 office, 716.472.7817 mobile.