Information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The spring semester began on Tuesday, January 19 in a hybrid format. This is the same format that we conducted most of the fall semester in, with a mix of face-to-face and on-line classes. All COVID-19 policies and procedures remain in effect. The health and safety of our students, faculty, and staff is the College’s paramount concern. Enhanced safety measures and cleaning standards have been put in place to help keep everyone as safe as possible. The College will continue to monitor the evolving COVID-19 situation and will continue to take any action necessary to help keep the College community healthy.
Latest Campus Updates
Update as of May 19, 2021
- To read the latest COVID-19 policy update, click here.
- All buildings on campus are open, with safety measures in place. Click here for current building hours.
- Building hours and individual office hours can be found by clicking here.
- The Sister Mary Josette Food Pantry is open, with safety measure in place.
- The Admissions and Financial Aid Offices are open for in-person visits, with safety measures in place. Click here to schedule an individual visit.
- All Student Services offices including tutoring appointments are available for in-person visits, with safety measures in place, in a limited capacity. Hours may be reduced, please schedule a time using WC Online or email.
- To submit a helpdesk ticket for IT assistance visit: https://helpdesk.villa.edu
- To anonymously report an issue of non-compliance, complete this form.
Villa Maria College COVID-19 Dashboard
Reporting from August 1, 2020-May 19, 2021
Individuals asked to Quarantine since 8/1/20
Prevent the Spread of Disease
The CDC continues to encourage common-sense strategies for preventing the spread of communicable diseases. We ask for your assistance to reinforce health prevention measures at home in the following ways:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Get a flu vaccine.
A message from Dr. Matthew Giordano, President
If the college becomes aware that a student or employee is diagnosed with COVID-19, we will work with local health officials to determine our next steps. If you believe that you have symptoms of the coronavirus, students should contact [email protected] immediately, while staff should contact their supervisor and Dr. Carrie Florea, Director of Human Resources at [email protected] or 716.961.2864.
For student concerns please contact DJ Schier, Director of Student Affairs at [email protected] or 716.961.1878.
For employee concerns please contact Dr. Carrie Florea, Director of Human Resources at [email protected] or 716.961.2864.
For press and media concerns please contact Brian Emerson, VP for Enrollment and Operations at [email protected] or 716.961.1838 office, 716.472.7817 mobile.