Villa Maria’s Student Life Office is seeking its next round of Orientation Leaders!
Students, if you are looking for a great way to gain leadership experience, build your resume, and share your passion for Villa Maria College with new students, becoming an orientation leader may be right up your alley.
New Student Orientation serves to ease the transition of incoming students to college life and to make them feel welcome in our Villa Maria College community. The Orientation Leader is a student leadership position that requires enthusiasm, dedication, and a positive view of Villa Maria College.
Responsibilities of this paid position include:
- Attend and actively participate in all required Orientation Leader training sessions
- Participate in and assist with all aspects of New Student Orientation
- Represent Villa Maria College and serve with a sense of professionalism and positivity
- Assist new students and their families in their transition to VMC by making them feel welcome and at home
- Promote a heightened awareness and respect for diversity
- Increase students’ awareness of the interconnectedness of the campus and Buffalo communities
- Serve as a knowledgeable resource of all aspects of VMC and New Student Orientation
- Serve as a positive role model by displaying appropriate and ethical behavior
In order to be selected for the role, students should display the following:
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Ability to interact positively with peers, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a positive role model
- Good disciplinary/judicial standing
- Must have a 2.0 grade point average or higher
- Ability to relate well with students, families, and administrators
- Must be reliable and willing to help with all aspects of New Student Orientation
- Must demonstrate enthusiasm for the Orientation Leader position
- Must be available for all training dates and for all aspects of New Student Orientation
To apply, complete the application that can be found here: https://forms.office.com/r/LfDrNWzaag. All applications must be received by Wednesday, April 5. Interviews will be scheduled for the week of April 10 and 17.