Villa Maria College has announced a new scholarship opportunity to help both new and returning students pay for college. The Campus Ministry Mission & Service Scholarship was created to provide unique, rigorous, and rewarding educational experiences for students with a demonstrated commitment to community service and spiritual development through both curricular and co-curricular offerings, and to enhance the mission and core values of the College.
To apply, students must complete an application and write an essay detailing their commitment to community service and to their spiritual development. All applicants will then be interviewed by someone from the Campus Ministry or Mission Office. The decision on who will receive these scholarships will be made by personnel in the Office of Campus Ministry and/or the Mission Office, in consultation with staff from the Offices of Admissions and Financial Aid.
The Campus Ministry Mission & Service Program Policies/Requirements are as follows:
- Scholarship recipients must sign a contract of commitment
- Scholarship recipients must maintain a 2.5 grade point average to reapply for this scholarship
- Scholarship recipients must participate in periodic Campus Ministry planning meetings
- Scholarship recipients must participate in Campus Ministry programming events
- Scholarship recipients will be required to participate as a group, in three community service projects each academic year
- Scholarship recipients must reapply for the scholarship annually, by submitting a formal written request
The College seeks to recruit a diverse pool of applicants from any Christian or Non-Christian religious body or applicants open to the College mission and their own spiritual development. All students who meet the above criteria are welcome to apply for this scholarship.
Up to seven annual one-time scholarships will be awarded to new and returning students, each worth $3,000. Recipients can reapply for up to four years.
To learn more about The Campus Ministry Mission & Service Scholarship, click here.