The fall 2017 semester is officially underway here at Villa!
While succeeding academically and getting that degree will huge reasons for getting out of bed every morning just about every day for the next four years, there is more to every student than their grade point average. Academic programs aside, students attend Villa to meet people who share their interests, to develop their individual talents, to learn more about their hobbies, and to achieve the goals they set for themselves, both academic and otherwise.
There is a lot of individuality around campus, and we’re excited to get to know our students for who they are outside of the classroom and off campus!
Here are some fun facts about our students shared about themselves:
- I’m into photography – Kelly, ’21
- I know lots of useless trivia – Molly, ’19
- I know all the memes – Kallie, ’19
- I like to sing – Yarrel, ’21
- I love to imaginative – Yasmeen, ’18
- I’m a huge fan of Forrest Gump! – Emily, ’21
- I’m proud to have a learning disability because I can help establish Eye-to-Eye at Villa – Victoria, ’19
- A friend and I once ate 22 scoops of ice cream in one minute and 22 seconds at camp – Mary, ’21
- I love fashion – Stephanie, ’18
- I’m a self-taught make up artist – Sharrell, ’19
- I love interior design, and now it’s my major – Sara, ’18
- Love Snow White – Alex, ’20
- I love playing basketball & eating spicy foods – Kiaa, ’19
- I’m a lifeguard – Jenna, ’19
- I’m a black belt – Bethany, ’21
Here are some goals our students set for the 2017-2018 Academic Year:
- Make new friends
- Succeed academically
- Start a business
- Survive the year
- Stay determined
- Excel in Occupational Therapy Assistant Classes
- Grow as a person
- Learn more about my major
- Stay focused
- Take and pass 18 credits
- Maintain a 3.7 gpa
- Achieve a 3.0 gpa
- Pass all my classes
Everyone has a clean slate right now, and achieving your goals is a definite possibility. Remember, Villa has a ton of resources available to its students to help them succeed. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, or just need a little direction, stop into the Student Success Center, Career Services, Counseling Center, or any other student service offered on campus.
If you’re looking to connect with other students, try our Student Life Facebook Group, which is only open to current Villa students and select faculty and staff. Request to join here! You can also join a club or an athletic team! Your Viking Voyage is what you make it, so don’t hesitate to reach out and get involved.