Jump Start a Career in Fashion
Villa Maria’s Fashion Design and Merchandising program can offer you:
- Solid preparation for a career in fashion. You’ll gain the creative, critical thinking, technology, portfolio presentation, and oral communication skills required to succeed in the industry.
- Creative freedom to develop your own unique style. You’ll have the opportunity to reflect your own individual and cultural values and perspectives through your fashion design and imagery work in the program.
- Choices regarding which career path to take. Beginning in your sophomore year, you have the option to follow a design or a merchandising track.
Villa students are always making new and exciting pieces that showcase their talents and applying their skills in practical environments.
The Career Potential
As a graduate of the Fashion Design and Merchandising program, you can pursue a variety of career paths, including:
- Clothing designer
- Footwear designer
- Accessory designer
- Jewelry designer
- Textile designer
- Furnishings designer
- Assistant buyer
- Visual team associate
- Merchandise coordinator
- A dedicated studio and apparel construction lab with a classroom of Bernina Activa 240 sewing stations as well as other industry technology.
- BabyLock Imagine serger, Bernina Industrial sewing machine, Coverstitch with Jet Air, blind hemmer and industry specified dress forms for draping and construction.
- My Label 3-D pattern software and Bernina Embroidery software.
- A computer studio with Kaledo, Modaris and Diamino CAD software as well as a large format plotter printer for patterns.
- You must earn a grade of C or above in all Fashion Design and Merchandising (FDM) courses for successful completion. You must earn a grade of C or above in all Business courses for FDM majors for successful completion.
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (B.F.A.) in Fashion Design and Merchandising Curriculum
Interested in Learning More?
Fill out the form below to contact Admissions and receive more information about our programs